Friday, May 11, 2012

Manage Your Contacts!

I hear time and time again countless stories about how people lose their contacts, or had them on their SIM card but now they're gone. When I first rooted my phone and put different ROMS on, I would try and backup the contacts on my SD Card. However, Facebook sync would make hundreds of duplicate contacts that really irritated me. I knew my contacts were syncing to Google, but I didn't know how to manage them. Once I found out, I never had problems with my contacts again. I highly suggest you click this link https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#contacts and sign in to delete/add contacts. An alternate route to get there is to go into your gmail, then click "Gmail" in the top left to open a drop down menu. From there select "Contacts" and there you go. I suggest you not only add contacts via this method, but email addresses as well. You can also set your phone to sync new contacts to this list if you like. Many of you will discover that when you log into your gmail and look at your contacts, there will be duplicates or people you deleted/forgot about, or worst case, none there at all. Hopefully this helps some of you as backing up your contacts can save you a lot of trouble later! Don't forget to vote for which phone you think will be king in 2012, and leave a comment below about some future topics of interest you may want to hear about. Other than that, have a great day and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment